*1990, Zvolen, Slovakia
I'm Slovak book designer and illustrator, currently based in Amsterdam.
In my work, I always connect these three aspects: ideas, crafts and creativity, in this way the projects/works I work on are inovative, artistic but functional at the same time.
Why book design?
Creating books makes a perfect connection between arts and crafts, and simply
because process of making a book offers (almost) unlimited possibilities and variations for artists' fantasy. Books are simply magical.
It goes hand in hand with book design, but besides that, drawing (sketching, doodling, illustration...call it as you like) is one of the most natural tools to express thoughts, ideas and emotions. Plus, the biggest bonus of expressing yourself in illustrations = no language barriers, because (almost) everybody speaks in "pictures".
Awards & Exhibitions:
Laureate of the Martin Benka award 2016
- Phabulous Phobias, solo exhibition, Bratislava (SR)
- NKS 2016, exhibitions of the finalists, Bratislava (SR)
- 3rd Artist's book triennial Martin 2016
- Young Art Show 9, Piešťany (SR)
- The 2016 National Prize for Communication Design, exhibition of the finalists -
- Kniha v Čase (Book in Time), jubilee exhibition of 50 years of the Most beautiful books competition, Bratislava (SR)
- Young Art Show 8, Piešťany (SR)
- NKS 2014, exhibitions of award winners, Bratislava (SR)
Award of Slovak national Library for student project: Fóbie Light
- Grafikum, Banská Bystrica (SR)
- Celebrating Print 2014, New York (USA)
- vbat MeetMarket, exhibition of the finalists of the Meet Market competition in Mexico City MX) and Amsterdam (NL)
- REST-art, exhibiton of participants of the same named workshop, Banská Štiavnica (SK)
© Darina (Inka) Výbohová | All Rights Reserved
or simply follow me on: